Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jim Jefferies at the Punch Line

Chris won the Dimple drawing for the Punchline show for him and nine other friends. My mom and step dad were going to go, but ended up being busy, but I don't know if I would have been comfortable with my mom being there with the things that Jim Jefferies was joking about. So Chris and I picked up Maho and Sean and met Sarah and Lindsay at the Punchline. I told Sarah to be there at 7:15 because I knew she'd be late. I was getting worried at 7:40 that she'd actually be late, but they finally showed up. I love my friends, they are so funny.

Maho is from Japan and hasn't lived in the US for more than a few years. Sean is pretty good at explaining idioms and nuances of English to her, but Jefferies' Aussie accent was a little hard to pick up. There were some things that couldn't be translated, however, and can only be found funny in a cultural sense. God wading through dead babies was not really getting to her funny bone. I don't know if we'll ever be able to explain that one.

I'm a complete fan of this comic now. He's intelligent, funny and says things that people don't want to hear but need to be said. The crowd was roaring all night. I would pay to see him again. I had a blast.

My mom also won the drawing so we're going back in August for another show. The Punchline obviously houses some great comics, so I'm looking forward to the next show.

No comments:

Post a Comment