Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Trying on Dresses

Today was a good day. I went to my sister's house to do make up, just to see how I wanted her to do it for my wedding. I brought Chris's mom's dress to see if we could talk to her tailor and figure out what I wanted to do with it. It would have been a lot. I liked the idea that it was vintage and the lace added to the effect, but I would have had to get rid of the sleeves, alter the torso, take off the neck and a number of other things that probably would have been as much as buying a new dress.


I knew I wanted to try some more dresses on before I got the other one tailored so me and my sister went to David's Bridal near the Galleria. I didn't think anything would look good on me. I still need to lose weight and I hate how clothes, especially dresses, accentuate areas that I would rather hide. I am very self-conscious about strapless dresses because I think they make my shoulders look bulky, so I knew those were out, even though they are the most common kind of wedding dress right now.


I don't much like the ruffling and scrunching that I've seen in a lot of wedding dresses. You know, the kind where it looks like they grabbed a toga and wrapped it into a dress and pinned it up a bunch of places? Not for me. I didn't want anything layered at all. Not even the littlest bit. I also didn't want anything that was that smooth, white, stiff, prom-dressy, shiny material that is so popular.


I ended up with a smooth, white, strapless with layers near the waist. It's gorgeous. I will post a picture because I already sent Chris a picture before I had chosen it as "My Dress" and I don't really believe in bad luck. If Chris stumbles upon this blog and sees the same picture I sent him, too bad. So here's my dress:


photo-2.JPG




photo.JPG




photo-3.JPG


So there it is. :)



1 comment:

  1. Katie - you look absolutely stunning. You are beautiful. That dress looks so perfect on you. Sometimes what we want to be does not always work. This dress is beautiful, and will compliment Chris' outfit perfectly. It's storybook. I'm so excited for the two of you. What a beautiful way to start your married life together. This is your own special dress. I know it would have been special to wear his Mom's, but to have your own is special too. And, I know she understands that. Her dress was for her special day. Remember, this day is the brides day. All day you are the magic beauty of the day. :) I love you so much. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete