Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Walking Dead

I have had favorite shows in the past. Don't ask me to name them, I've forgotten. I don't know how AMC did it, but they created a show that I couldn't have liked better had they tailored it specifically to my taste.


I was amazed they were able to put into a weekly format a concept that had previously only been successful in movies. An hour and a half of zombies is hard enough, right? But zombies every week?! They nailed it. I think it helps that the show is based on a comic book series (which I will definitely be looking into, regardless of the fact that I haven't seen a comic book in years).


I suspected during the pilot that I would be hooked, but when Rick and Glen put zombie guts on themselves in the second episode, I knew. There's no turning back.



No comments:

Post a Comment