Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Learning Patience

Edit: 3/17/13
I wrote this a few months ago and, as you will see, had had it scheduled to post two years form the date I wrote it. My circumstances have changed dramatically, so I've decided to go ahead and publish it, giving my readers an idea of where I was at in my previous job. I'll also update on a later post what's been going on since I left that hellhole, but for now, I'm going to coffee with my husband.

I'm writing this blog on January 29, 2013. I've scheduled it for two years from now. I'm hoping I'll be able to look back on this and it will all be a memory by then. Perhaps I'll have different problems. Perhaps I'll have lived some more dreams.

Everything in me wants to be impatient, rash and impulsive. It's taken a long time for me to be able to control that part of me and put my future ahead of my "now." I have to remember this isn't forever. Every knot on my head, landed blow on my side and arms, every spoonful of food thrown on my fav, everyday my back aches, I have to remember: I'm learning patience; it's not forever. It might not even be much longer, despite the financial pressure to stay.

Putting myself into an uncomfortable position now so that I can be somewhere else in two years. It takes a lot. I'd love to publish this in 2015 and have already reaped from this taxing and draining situation. The seeds are planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment