Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tea and Life.

Well, I'm getting into tea. I've used loose-leaf in a tea ball before, but I've taken Chris's pot down from the dusty shelf and am giving it new life. It's a ritualized process, with the measuring, boiling, steeping and pouring. I need ritual. I'm very undisciplined and there has been a lot going on lately that has reminded me of the unpredictability and chaos of life (this year has literally been shit –fuck 2012).

Chris's grandma passed away recently. I've been reluctant to share too much about it online, but I think it's time to write about it. Her name was Dorothy Todd and she was an amazing artist, woman and grandma. I was welcome into her family from the first time I met her. I can't even say that about my own family at times. It was really sudden and unexpected and we're all still really dazed from it.

Leo, whose fin-rot we thought we'd cured a little under a year ago, got it again a few weeks ago. It wasn't responding to the medicine that we got him last time, so we switched to tetracycline, but it is more than likely too late for him. He's eating, but he's not swimming straight and he's spending a lot of time on the floor of his tank, often on his side. We've had him just 18 months. A few months after his first bout, I went into the PetCo where I got him. All the Bettas had it. I will never buy anything from there again and I'm pretty pissed about it.

So, tea. I got an ounce of Rain Forest Light Black Tea from the Co-op. It's a bit strong for me, which is what I can say about this year so far. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment