Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Picnic Day, etc.

~Picnic Day is coming up this weekend! It will be the first year we don't have to wake up early to drive an hour to be on time to see the parade. We'll bike in. I'm so excited!!

~I'd like to shout out to Caffino on the corner of Olive Drive and Richards. They forgot my cream once and gave me a free coffee the next day. They are super nice and always remember my cream now. They are super fast, too. I remember sitting at the Bean Barn in Placerville for ten minutes once while someone ordered some froo-froo latte drink. Bleck.

~I got to go to ASL class tonight. Class was cancelled on Monday. I love ASL! It's probably the most fun class I've ever taken. I can now tell you who I am, how old I am, all about my family, hobbies, work, school, language history and what I'm doing this week, among other things. I'm really finding a passion for it and the more I learn about Deaf culture, the more I want to advocate for awareness. Go ahead, ask me about my blue ribbon!

~I've finished my taxes. California wants to give me back eighty-four dollars. They really could keep it. They kept $130 and I don't think that's very much at all considering I live in the greatest state in the Union and it's in trouble. I'd rather my money go to the clients I serve who are getting an additional 175 million dollars cut from the services that protect them from harm, neglect and homelessness. Every time I think about it, I feel sad inside.

~I'm thinking about joining a coed rec softball league in May. We'll see. I can turn in a "player profile" and get hooked up with an existing or new team, or I could try to start my own. I don't really know that many people in Davis, though, so I'll probably just hitch onto another team. I really enjoyed softball last year on the Roseville Women's league.

~Wedding is coming up. Bridal shower is on the 7th next month. My mom is up to something and she's being real secretive about it. I have to wait to find out what she's up to. I don't know whether to be excited or scared!

~I realized at the card store the other day as I passed the Birthday section that I would be able to pick out a card this August for Chris's birthday that says, "To my Husband" on it. Yeah, that's trippy.

~I'm getting really excited about our Disneyland Honeymoon as well. I'm going to totally get the Minnie ears with the veil. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment