Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

I, like many today, had to go back through the paperwork I did this morning to correct the date from 2010 to 2011. How many New Years have I had and I still don't catch myself that first day back at work! It's good to be back at work. I drove the Jetta today because my Camry has a coolant leak. Of course, the transmission in the VW is slipping a bit when it's cold, but I guess it's just a matter of which problem I think I'll have an easier time dealing with. Overheating is not my first choice. Warming up the car and being careful with the gas is a much better prospect.


Today is also the start of the UC Davis quarter, which means I'll be going home to an empty house after work most days while my sweetheart is grading papers and helping undergrads understand the basics of things like morphology and phonology, the former of which sounds like something a Power Ranger needs to learn.


I've worked two of the last ten days before today with the Christmas and New Years holidays taking a big chunk out of my work time (and, subsequently, my last and next paychecks) so getting back to work has made my brain a bit fuzzy today. I think I can cure that with a hot chai, but I don't have anyone to meet at a coffee shop. I miss my friends most right after I see them, and as you all know, they were here Friday for the party.


I still haven't made any new friends in the Davis area. I have work friends, some I consider allies, but no one to call up and meet downtown yet. I'm looking into volunteer work and I start an ASL class at the Davis extension of Sac City College in a couple weeks. It will be good for me to get out, maybe make some friends I can invite over. I tend to clean more when I know people are coming (what an excuse, huh).


I just got a call from Chris as I was writing this. His section just ended and he's headed home on the Schwinn. I won't be lonely much longer, so I guess I'll end this post with that. Anyway, Happy New Year to anyone who hasn't heard it yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment