Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Nephew is Growing Up

A couple years ago I took my nephew to see Toy Story 3 and it hit me how fast he was growing up. There was a moment in the opening of the movie where Andy is being measured against a door jam. My sister does that with her boys. I looked over at my nephew right at that moment, knowing how fleeting time is. Now he's 12 and taller than me.

...He didn't even get a coloring page at dinner tonight...

I finally got a chance to watch him play tonight. He scored a touchdown against an undefeated team. Only two other teams have scored against these guys in quite some time. I can see why, since they are obviously being fed human growth hormone or something. I swear they were eight feet tall and watching them tackle my nephew on a couple of carries was scary as hell for me.

He was fine, of course. He's tough, fast and lean and he's been training for it. Still, he'll always be my "little" nephew. He could grow eight feet tall and it wouldn't matter.

I'm a proud auntie today. My nephew plays well, he's smart and he's quick. Most of all, he's having a good time, which is the most important thing to me. They lost today, but they looked damn good doing it against a very tough team.

Until next time, Go Trojans!

No comments:

Post a Comment