Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Leonard Marvin Graham

Tyler and Andrea came down to Davis yesterday so Chris and Ty could practice for the upcoming Sincerely, Me acoustic show. Andrea and I usually hang out downtown or peruse Petco for squees and cuteness. I noticed that there were some fine looking betta fish at Petco. The male crown tale struck my eye and it was only $7.99, but much more interesting than even the majestic half-moon double-tail for $14.99.  On a whim, I texted Chris.
"You want a betta fish?"
He answered, "Not really."
I texted back "ok," and moved on to the reptiles. About a minute later I received another message from him: "If u wanna take care of it."

That sounded like a big fat YES to me, so I grabbed a tank, food, water drops, and the crown tail and headed to the register. On the way home, I decided he looked more like a Leo than a Marvin, the latter being my first choice in name, so I named him Leonard Marvin Graham. Andrea wrote his name on his tank for him. We call him Leo for short. He spent an hour poking around at the dry-erase marker on his tank. He's super smart, and he flares up very quickly in front of a mirror. He's no wimp.

He's only eaten one pellet so far. I fed him last night and tried again this morning. No luck. He spits them out which leads me to believe they are too hard for him, so I might go get him some blood worms and see how he reacts to those. Of course, if he's not hungry, he's not hungry. I am, though, and I'm going to have breakfast now.

2 comments: