Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

I am Sherlocked.

Some time ago, Chris told me about this updated Sherlock Holmes show on the BBC. There was one episode available on Netflix at the time.

Being a huge fan of the original stories, I was skeptical that a modern take would sit well with me. In fact, I've refused to watch the movies because I think it's a disgrace that Sherlock is shorter than Watson and that all the trailers have shown some Victorian era action hero who happens to have the same name as my most beloved literary figure.

I watched it anyway and enjoyed it very much. I watched the next two episodes when they were available and then the internet exploded. I had no idea the show was so popular. There were people all over the place posting their favorite Benedict Cumberbatch photos and memes from the show. What a sensation!

A friend of mine, Sarah, came over and we began watching Season 2 (Series 2, properly). I finally finished the season on Friday night, having put off the last two episodes because I didn't want it to end. It was incredible. I actually love how they've taken my favorite stories and put a modern twist on them. I love picking out little tidbits they've added from the original stories that the casual viewer would miss. Rather than ripping off a popular figure, this show has really payed homage to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It's incredible. I think Steven Moffat may be my new hero.

Anyway, that is all. I just wanted to let you all know my latest obsession, since I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch past the Tenth Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment