Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Less Than Two Weeks

I have less than two weeks before my first ever 5k run. I'm super excited. I'm doing the Roseville Hot Pink Fun Run benefitting the Placer Breast Cancer Endowment. Team Tatariffic has two members now. I thank my friend Ray for asking me to do this with him, this convincing me not to do the zombie mud run, which probably would have been a bit much for a first-ever race.

This week in Running for Women, we are progressing from nine reps to eleven of 1 1/2 minutes running to 2 minutes walking. I'm going to be looking for either a bridge class over the holidays or see if any of the women still want to meet at the usual times to continue running. In January, I might take the intermediate class or the 5k maintenance class or I might do a different program altogether. I like the run/walk, but I know I can do a continuous run for at least two miles, so I might try something new.

What I love about all of this is that I can call myself a runner. When Chria and I are playing around and chasing each other to the mail box or whatever, my body automatically clicks into form without me thinking about it. It's like turning on a machine, I just love it. Can't wait for the 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment