Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's Never Easy

If I'm honest, the last couple of weeks have been rough for me. I can't say much about it because it has to do with the work that I do, but I lost someone that I worked very closely with and it was very unexpected and pretty devastating. If I could say more, I'd say that this person was my hero, never complaining about the hand he was dealt in life, even though he had a debilitating neurological disorder. If I could, I'd explain that this person didn't have a cognitive disability like the other people I work with, so he always knew what he was facing. If I could, I'd tell you that no matter how hard it got for this person to control his muscles or speak, he always had a smile on his face. I'd mention, if I could, how that smile lit up a room no matter who was in it. But it has to do with work, you know? So mum's the word.

Other than that, wedding planning is coming around. I got my paper goods with my step mom, Kathy and my new mom, Robin. The favors are ready to be put together and I have to finalize my flowers and get shoes and then I'm pretty much done. Chris has to get his ring the right size. I'll pick it up next week some time. Hair cut and colored and nails done and voila! We'll have a wedding. It's less than a month away now.

I've been spending some time with some really cool folks from Pville lately. I'm so glad we're keeping in touch as much as we are. I was so afraid moving would grow us all apart, but it turns out to be the opposite. A couple friends just moved closer, in fact, so that's exciting. Halfway is no longer Folsom, but Downtown Sacramento, so maybe it's time for Second Saturday or some other shenanigans.

Chris and I went to Rammstein last week. It was incredible. Not only was the fire, lights and show amazing, but they sounded great. The production was pretty much flawless. It is going to be very hard to top that at whatever concert I go to next. It was amazing. I can't even put it in words. "You had to be there." Seriously. There is nothing like it.

Life's good. Spring's here. We're doing alright. Had some Red 88 noodles tonight and I'm happy. Oh, and Leo got a new tank. I went and bought him a 5 gallon. Chris thinks I'm crazy, but I could tell he Leo was getting bored. Now he's swimming around like crazy. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment